Are you REALLY at risk of falling?
According to the National Safety Council, 30% of women over the age of 65 and 50% of those over the age of 85 will suffer a fall. 30% of men over 80 will also fall. One out of three seniors
will fall once a year. The potential for falling should be taken seriously as it accounts for one-half of deaths due to injury.
Some risk factors in older adults that can cause balance and fall problems:
- Seniors age 65 or older
- A history of falling
- Prior history of Stroke, Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis
- Diabetes or other pre-existing conditions
- Unsteadiness as a result of vestibular disorders from inner ear imbalance causing dizziness/vertigo
Is there a way to prevent falling?
The Moore Balance Brace is a flexible and lightweight brace that is comfortably worn inside a person’s shoe to help reduce the number of potential falls.
The Moore Balance Brace is…
- Lightweight, easy to put on and slip into a shoe
- Custom designed
- Reduces postural sway
- Improves foot clearance and reduces the risk of tripping
- Stimulates skin receptors providing necessary feedback to the brain
- Provides necessary arch support
- Made in America
Who can benefit from the Moore Balance Brace?
- Patients who have difficulty walking
- Patients who have fallen in the past or are at risk for falling
- Patients with ankle weakness or instability
- Patients with arthritis in their feet or ankles
- Patients who have had a stroke, have weakness or dizziness
- Patients with Parkinson’s
- Patients who have poor feeling or numbness in their feet
- Any patient already using a cane, walker, or any other assistive device
If you would like more information on balance braces, we would be glad to help. Call the Gentle Foot Care Center office to speak to one of our friendly staff members.